- About the Library
- Your Library Card
- Events & Programs
- Library Services
- Library Administration
- Library Foundation
Print a Museum Pass from Home
For all Marinet Card Holders
Advantages of MARINet Discover & Go include:
- Dozens of participating greater Bay Area museums
- No need to pick up and return passes to the library
- Easy to use
- Print passes from home
- Show your pass from your mobile device at these museums: Asian Art Museum, Bay Area Discovery Museum, Bedford Gallery, Charles M. Schultz Museum, CuriOdyssey, Lawrence Hall of Science, Lindsay Wildlife Museum, Tech Museum
For Belvedere and Tiburon Residents
If the pass you want is unavailable through Discover & Go, the Belvedere-Tiburon Library has a limited number of member passes you may borrow if you are a resident of the 94920 zip area:
You can reserve a museum pass from home and pick it up in the library. Passes provide free admission to local museums, with each pass valid for at least two adults and two children. To reserve a pass, check either by museum (to see available dates) or by date (to see which museum passes are available that day). For more information on museums, passes and policies, please see below.
Use your browser's back button to return to this page
If you need help, have questions, or would like to place or cancel your reservation by telephone, please contact the Reference Desk at (415) 789-2661. Please leave a voicemail message during non-business hours or if no one is able to answer. We will return your call. You may also email us at email@example.com
About Museum Passes at the Belvedere-Tiburon Library
The Belvedere-Tiburon Library lends museum passes to library card holders residing in the 94920 zip code area. These member passes permit free entrance to the Bay Area Discovery Museum, the Asian Art Museum, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum. For each library user, there is a maximum of one check out per museum pass per month.
The Library also has individual tickets to the De Young Museum and the Palace of the Legion of Honor, for which the maximum use is two single-use tickets twice a year per card holder.
The Asian Art Museum: Each pass admits two adults and two children 12 years of age and younger.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum: Each pass admits admits four people of any age.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum: Each pass admits two adults and their children/grandchildren age 18 and younger.
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco: Each reservation entitles a library cardholder to up to two single-use tickets, twice a year, to the de Young or the Palace of the Legion of Honor. Tickets are not necessary for children 12 years of age and younger (both museums offer FREE admission to kids). An additional fee or full ticket price may apply for special exhibitions.
How it works
In order to borrow a pass you need to:
- Reside in the 94920 zip code area. (If you reside in Sausalito or Mill Valley, the public libraries is those communities also loan museum passes).
- Have an adult library card in good standing under your name and a picture ID.
- Register for a date up to 30 days in advance over the Web, in person, or by phone (789-2661). Name, library card number, and contact information is needed for registration.
- Monday through Saturday, the pass can be picked up when the library opens (10am). It must be picked up by 11am (or other arrangements made) and needs to be returned by 9:30am the next day. It may also be possible to pick up a pass the evening before your reservation; please call the Reference Desk at 789-2661 for details.
- The Sunday pass can be picked up on Saturday before 4pm and returned by 9:30am on Monday morning.
- If the pass is not picked up by noon or other arrangements made, the pass may be loaned to another patron and a non-cancellation fee levied.
- The pass should be brought into the library when it is open. The pass can be returned in the book drop if the library is closed.
- Sign an understanding of library policies when you pick up the pass.
- FAMSF tickets can be picked up the day before, or the day of intended use; they do not need to be returned, and you do not need to sign the library policy.
The policies for borrowing a museum pass are:
- Late return of the museum pass is $20. A late return of a pass would prohibit the next person in line from checking it out.
- A lost museum pass fine is $30 plus a $6 processing fee. No claims returns accepted.
- Each family can borrow one pass, for one day per month.
- Phone the library (789-2661) to cancel a reservation no later than 11am on the day you reserved. A fine of $10 is charged if a reservation is not canceled.
- Fines are automatically charged to your library card.
- There are no fines for the FAMSF tickets.