- About the Library
- Your Library Card
- Events & Programs
- Library Services
- Library Administration
- Library Foundation
Donate Books and Other Materials
Thank you for considering a donation of your gently used books, DVDs, CDs, and books on CD! For details on the types of books and other materials that we are able to accept, please see the guidelines below. Please note that we are unable to take donations of magazines (including National Geographic), videocassettes, or cassette tapes.
Materials donated to the Belvedere-Tiburon Library will either be added to the Library collection or sold at Corner Books or one of our regular fund-raising book sales. Volunteers at the Library and at Corner Books are responsible for sorting new donations.
Donations of up to 3 bags or boxes of materials may be brought to Corner Books during open hours.
For larger donations, please call the Circulation Department (415) 789-2665 x222 to arrange a time to drop off your donation at the Library’s storage shed. At this time we are unable to offer donation pick-ups, but we hope to provide this service in the future.
All donations are tax deductible: at the time of your donation we will give you a signed receipt. It will be your responsibility to set the value of the donation.
Additional questions may be directed to Corner Books at (415) 789-5000 or to the Circulation Department at (415) 789-2665 x222.
- Condition should be very good to like new. In particular, we are unable to accept books and other items that are moldy, musty, damp, warped, or badly spotted.
- How to spot a book in very good or better condition: Spine intact, no highlighting, cover/jacket clean with few marks or wrinkles or discoloration, minimal dog-earing of pages, cover corners not badly bent, pages not yellowed.
- Types of books that are most desirable: Recently published fiction and mystery hardcovers, large paperback fiction and mystery, cookbooks, recently published travel books, children’s books, gardening, history, art books, home décor, antiquarian and collectible books.
- Types of books we are unable to sell, even if they are in great condition: Out-of-date computer, medical, weight loss, and business books (typically those published before 2007); Reader’s Digest Condensed Books; bound catalogs and brochures.
CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD:
- Cases should be intact
- Discs should show be in good condition, with few scratches
- Multi-disc sets should be complete