- About Us
- Corner Books
- Contact Info
Store Hours: Tue-Sat 10am-5pm
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS
Are you interested in good books and great community?
STAFFING OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE TWO AND THREE HOUR SHIFTS.
If you are interested in joining the Corner Books team, please stop in at Corner Books, give us a call at 415-789-5000 or email Heather Lobdell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corner Books was conceived as a wonderful way to raise additional support for the Library while at the same time providing residents a way to recycle books back into the hands of readers. Opened on May 22, 2010 in a small space on The Boardwalk in Tiburon, it has become a favorite bargain-hunting spot and gathering place. The shop offers ‘gently used’ books, DVDs and CDs donated by community members, with all proceeds benefiting the Library.
Managed by Kay Smith and Heather Lobdell, Corner Books has raised significant funds in support of the Library's collections.
Corner Books, located at 1550 Tiburon Blvd., is open from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Gift cards are available for purchase.
Corner Books is staffed entirely by community volunteers. If you are interested in learning more about how to volunteer to work in the book shop, please call Kay Smith or Heather Lobdell at 415-789-5000, drop by the store and add your name to the volunteer sign-up sheet or leave an email message at email@example.com.
Thank you for considering a donation of your gently used books, DVDs, CDs, and books on CD! For details on the types of books and other materials that we are able to accept, please see the guidelines below. Please note that we are unable to take donations of magazines (including National Geographic), videocassettes, or cassette tapes.
Materials donated to the Belvedere-Tiburon Library will either be added to the Library collection or sold at Corner Books. Volunteers at the Library and at Corner Books are responsible for sorting new donations.
Donations of up to 2 bags or boxes of materials may be brought to Corner Books during open hours. For larger donations, please call the Library check-out desk at 415-789-2665 x.222 to arrange a time to drop off your donation at the Library’s storage shed. All donations are tax deductible. Additional questions may be directed to Corner Books at (415) 789-5000.
- Condition should be very good to like new. In particular, we are unable to accept books and other items that are moldy, musty, damp, warped, or badly spotted.
- How to spot a book in very good or better condition: Spine intact, no highlighting, cover/jacket clean with few marks or wrinkles or discoloration, minimal dog-earing of pages, cover corners not badly bent, pages not yellowed.
- Types of books that are most desirable: fiction and mystery hardcovers (recently published 2011-2014), paperback fiction and mystery, cookbooks, recently published travel books, children’s books, gardening, history, art books, home décor, antiquarian and collectible books.
- Types of books we are unable to sell, even if they are in great condition: Out-of-date computer, medical, weight loss, and business books (typically those published before 2012); Reader’s Digest Condensed Books; bound catalogs and brochures.
CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD:
- Cases should be intact
- Discs should show be in good condition, with few scratches
- Multi-disc sets should be complete
- We are unable to accept magazines (including National Geographic), videocassettes, or cassette tapes